These burritos are fabulous! It's a recipe from a friend and I have tailored it to what my family likes. We don't like spicy at all, so I use seasonings that aren't too spicy, but it could definitely be adjusted to what you like. It's a vegetarian burrito, but full of flavor and super filling! And if you have to have your meat, you can shred up some chicken and add it in.
Quinoa is a grain that should be soaked, but doesn't have to be if you don't have time. It doesn't contain as much phytic acid as other grains do. However, if you choose to soak it here are the instructions:
1. rinse quinoa thoroughly
2. Place in a bowl or pot with enough water to cover.
3. Add 1tbl of acid medium (whey, cultured buttermilk, yogurt, lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar) per cup of quinoa.
4. Soak at room temp for 7 hrs or longer.
5. Rinse thoroughly
6. Cook as directed.
Here is the recipe for the burritos. Let me know what you think and how yours turned out!
1 cup salsa + 1/2 cup divided
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed.
2 cups frozen corn
About 2 cups shredded cheese
8 large tortillas
1. Cook quinoa, along with 2 tsp taco seasoning and frozen corn, according to package directions.
2. After quinoa is cooked, add the black beans (slightly mashed) and 1 cup of salsa. Mix thoroughly.
3. Warm tortillas and place about 1/2 cup of mixture in the middle. Sprinkle with a little shredded cheese and wrap up.
Top with your favorite sides. I like to use plain yogurt (instead of sour cream), lettuce, and avocado.
I hope you like them! They've become one of our favorites around here and even my SUPER picky toddler eats them! He almost ate a whole burrito by himself tonight!