Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

Welcome to my blog! I love to make things at home that most people would buy in the store and since protein bars are so expensive, I thought I would try out a recipe. I wish I could call this one my own, but it was given to me by a friend. You know who you are! Thank you! Next time I am going to try soaking the oats before baking.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

1 Serving = 1 Cookie: 106 calories, 4g fat, 13g carbs, 4g protein

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1-1/2 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup natural peanut or almond butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons of protein powder of choice (I used organic vanilla hemp protein powder)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons sucanat (I didn't have any on hand so I substituted brown sugar)
1/2 cup almond milk (Regular milk would be fine too)


1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Mash bananas.



3. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined.





 4. Scoop batter by heaping tablespoons onto  a cookie sheet.


5. Bake for 9-12 minutes until cookies are firm. Makes 12 cookies.

(I only made 11 because I made one too big! Ooops!)
Thanks for checking out my blog. I plan to post a variety of recipes for food and other household things like cleaning and beauty products. I would love any comments or input!

No comments:

Post a Comment